iPOOL srl is a spin-off company of the Institute for Physical Chemical Processes of the CNR of Pisa (Consiglio Nazionale delle Ricerche), founded in 2011.
iPOOL srl is a globally recognized technology company specialized in the development and optimization of flame retardant and low-smoke compounds for cables, roofing membranes, ACP panels, pipes and rubber applications.
For further work at the institute in Pisa, it is planned to use the ENTEX laboratory roller extruder with the possibilities and advantages as a so-called laboratory compounding unit:
– Little space required due to compact design
– Simple and quick assembly and disassembly of the process section
– Many different processes section configurations possible in the shortest possible time
– Different feed options for solids and liquids of different viscosities
– Different degassing options
– Good self-cleaning compared to other compounding systems
– Enormous temperature range with very short heat-up and cool-down times, allowing many tests to be carried out in the shortest possible time
– Precise temperature control in individual temperature control zones
– Process data acquisition and evaluation software
– Possibility of scale-up to other sizes through direct data utilisation
– Possibility of using existing primary energy, e.g., temperature control systems, cooling water
– High energy efficiency and economy
– Output: approx. 0.5 – 5 kg/h (depending on recipe and process)
– Motor output: 10 kW
– Motor speed: 1500 rpm (max.)
– Control system: SIEMENS
Looking forward to future developments.